Re: Scrollbars In The Box Model

From: fantasai <fantasai@escape.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 05:33:15 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org

Yung-Fong Tang wrote:

> I suggest similar thing when I give feedback about the
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-css3-ui-20020802/
> We need to specify which side to put the scroll bar in a document. Left
> or right? Arabic / Hebrew page need control about that.

Scrollbar placement should not be controlled by CSS. It should be consistent
with all other applications on a given OS. If the OS displays scrollbars on
the right, then web page elements should also display scrollbars on the right.
To have it any other way would just confuse the user, since s/he will *expect*
it to be on the right.

~fantasai