Re: Changing the Browse Button with css.

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 08:13:59 +0100 (BST)
To: www-style@w3.org

Ian Anderson <ianderso@cogeco.ca> wrote:

> In my opinion, the ability to style the browse button is a desireable

What browse button?  As pointed out, when this subject came up a few
weeks ago, nothing in the standards says that there should be a
browse button - that's just how Windows happens to implement its
native widget.

(In any case, I believe that web pages should reflect the user's GUI's
conventions, so that they don't have to learn a new set of rules for
each web site.)