Style Detection?

From: Rick Hill <rrhill@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 09:41:10 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org

Don't know if this is covered in any of the CSS standards yet or if
it has been discussed.  Sorry, Haven't he time to follow the list.
So, I beg pardon if this is old news.  I would like to ask that
browsers be required to report if styles are active or not.  Perhaps
through the HTTP header?  The guidelines for creating pages that are
accessible to the disabled require that pages be usable with styles
off.  It would be nice to be able to detect if styles are enabled or
not on the client browser and take actions to modify the page as
appropriate (server-side is better, client side would be nice, too).
			  Rick Hill
			  Webmaster
  Academic Computing Services	Office:	(530) 752-1616
  College of Engineering		FAX:	(530) 752-4465
  One Shields Avenue 		Email:	rrhill@ucdavis.edu
  Davis, CA 95616-5293		http://engineering.ucdavis.edu
  U N I V E R S I T Y  O F  C A L I  F O R N I A,  D A V I S