CSS3: background-spacing

From: fantasai <fantasai@escape.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 01:46:47 -0400
To: www-style@w3.org

 > This property specifies the distance that separates the
 > 'background-image' of the position given by the property
 > "background-position", as well as the spacing among all
 > of the repetitions of the background image.

I'm not sure what this sentence means. Perhaps "This
property specifies the distance between repetitions of
the background image." would be clearer. As for
separating the image from its original position --

BODY {
   background-image: url(image.gif);
   background-repeat: repeat-x;
   background-spacing: 20px