Re: CSS3 and Selectors

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 12:59:15 -0400 (EDT)
To: <www-style@w3.org>

Adam van den Hoven [list@adamvandenhoven.com] wrote:

> One of the things you often see is people use graphics for links. However, this can be annoying for > people who turn off graphics (for instance) or who use various assistive technologies. Text is,
> generally, more useful than graphics.

Turning off graphics doesn't stop the browser being "screen" media type.

As far as I know all the popular up market assistive technology behaves as
CSS media type screen and the down market options are not CSS aware.

> @media tty,audio{

Which browsers support these media types?   Is their any commercial
incentive to support them - audio in particular, especially given the
fact that most designers are unware they even exist.