Re: storing info in XSL-FO: new issue? [was: Draft TAG Finding:...]

From: Etan Wexler <ewexler@stickdog.com>
Date: 05 Sep 2002 14:44:44-0700
To: www-style@w3.org

(<mid:Pine.LNX.4.21.0208311735001.2213-100000@dhalsim.dreamhost.com>):

> a key point to remember about CSS is that *it is optional*. A
> document should make _just_ as much sense without the CSS as with.

A document (at least one in recognized vocabularies) should be adequate
without CSS.  Should the document make just as much sense without CSS as
with CSS?  No.  I would not spend substantial time on CSS if I thought
that the ultimate effect was merely esthetic.  With CSS I am enhancing
the ability of users to comprehend and navigate my documents.

--
Etan Wexler <mailto:ewexler@stickdog.com>