Re: One more time: Words have meaning

From: <Svgdeveloper@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 02:37:34 EDT
To: ian@hixie.ch, www-style@w3.org
In a message dated 03/09/2002 03:33:39 GMT Daylight Time, ian@hixie.ch
writes:

> Not necessarily dictatorial.

But not necessarily non-dictatorial?

> Merely agreed upon by all parties.

"All parties"?? ... Nobody asked me, for example. So what does "all" mean
here? "All" has precise semantics but those are not the semantics you are
applying.

Are you seriously suggesting that "all parties" are actually around the
table?

And if "all parties" don't agree? Then what? You dictate, no? :)

> Read http://www.w3.org/TR/xag.html

Again? It was awful the last time I read it. :)

> I don't mean skim it. I mean read it. The whole thing.

It's a typical first draft with many rough edges, including non-well-formed
code in places.

It hasn't improved even slightly since the last time I read it. :)

Did you have a more precise point about the XML Accessibility Guidelines?

By the semantics of W3C Process the XML Accessibility Guidelines are WAY
overdue for a re-write, which will hopefully address some of the obvious
rough edges of the first WD.

It would also be highly beneficial if the spam were removed from the comments
list for WAI - it might even make sensible discussion on that list
accessible. :)

Andrew Watt