Re: Comments on CSS 2.1 last call

From: Peter Sheerin <pete@petesguide.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 22:37:14 -0700
To: "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: <www-style@w3.org>

> Mozilla and Mozilla-based products have never supported
> 'display:marker', nor is there, to my knowledge, any way to change the
> content of markers used in those browsers (e.g. using 'content').
> Could you show us the test page demonstrating what you say works?

Sure: http://www.cadenceweb.com/newsletter/sheerin/test/

You'll notice that Mozilla 1.1 does exhibit one bug, in that it displays
both the marker and the native bullet when display:marker is used on
unordered lists (first example), although that doesn't occur with the second
list (with the circle image).

Here are the style sheet entries that generate those markers:

ul.rpoint li:before {display: marker; content: "☞"; list-style-type:
square;}

div.target+p.target {margin-top: 1em; text-indent: -2em;}
div.target:before {display: marker; content:
url(/newsletter/sheerin/images/circle2.png);}