Re: css2 float/text flow selection question.

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 12:00:10 -0500
To: Michael Pediaditakis <mp49@ukc.ac.uk>
cc: www-style@w3.org

> CSS or CSS-DOM do not seem to define if it has to have any initial
> value.

http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-Style/css.html#CSS-CSSStyleDeclaration
has the following prose:

getPropertyValue
    Used to retrieve the value of a CSS property IF IT HAS BEEN
    EXPLICITLY SET WITHIN THIS DECLARATION BLOCK.

(emphasis mine).

Then at
http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-Style/css.html#CSS-CSS2Properties we
have:

  Getting an attribute of this interface is equivalent to calling the
  getPropertyValue method of the CSSStyleDeclaration interface.

Boris
--
We are all agreed that your theory is crazy.  The
question which divides us is whether it is crazy enough