[css3-box] Re: New drafts: css3-ruby, css3-text, css3-box

Rijk van Geijtenbeek writes:

> On Fri, 25 Oct 2002 10:57:57 +0200, Bert Bos <bert@w3.org> wrote:
>

> > css3-box
> >
> > CSS3 module: The box model
> > http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-css3-box-20021024
>
> Name: fit
> Value: fill | none | meet | slice Should there be a 'hidden' value there?
> It is mentioned in the description of 'meet' and an image example is given,
> but it is not described.

I think 'hidden' and 'none' were meant to be the same thing.

In SMIL it is called 'hidden', so that is probably what it should be
here as well.

However, there is a subtle difference between SMIL and CSS: in SMIL,
'hidden' not only means that the image is not scaled, but also that
any overflowing part is clipped. In CSS, whether to clip is controled
by the 'overflow' property.

Bert
  http://www.w3.org/people/bos/                              W3C/INRIA