Re: [admin] Specification comments want own threads

Etan Wexler writes:

> To all participants:
>
> Please, when commenting on specifications, start new threads.  Replying to
> the publication announcements gives little idea of the content, tone, or
> direction of the comments.  Sometimes such replies do not even indicate
> which specifications come under scrutiny.
>
> So please do start new threads when providing commentary on specifications,
> and do use a subject heading that indicates as closely as possible the
> nature of the commentary.

Thanks, Etan!

Yes, indeed a very good idea. Please, make sure that the comments on
draft XYZ have XYZ in their subject line and, conversely, that
subjects with XYZ do indeed talk about XYZ.

The working group has to produce a report on each draft for the W3C
Director in about a month, to convince him that we answered all
comments and there were no show stoppers. It will be much easier for
us if we can just do a search on subject lines.

A good convention is to start a subject with "[css3-text]..." when the
e-mail is a comment on the Text module.

Thanks,
Bert
  http://www.w3.org/people/bos/                              W3C/INRIA