Re: A possible presentational hints proposal for CSS 2.1

From: fantasai <fantasai@escape.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 03:31:02 -0400
To: www-style@w3.org

Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, fantasai wrote:
>
>>The formatting for both parts should be identical.
>

> Says who? Certainly not any implementations.

I think that would be the expectation of both the author and the user.
Of course, if either of them bothered to read the relevant text in the
specification, it would become clear why they are not identical.
Nonetheless, that they would need to do this for the quirky behavior
to make sense seems to indicate that perhaps a more intuitive solution
exists--and should be used.

My point is, if both presentational hints come from the same source,
they should be weighted the same regardless of the exact syntax. And
the <center>/<div align=center> example exemplifies this.

~fantasai