Re: A possible presentational hints proposal for CSS 2.1

On Tuesday, October 8, 2002, 11:12:47 PM, Ian wrote:

IH> On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, fantasai wrote:
>>
>> The formatting for both parts should be identical.

IH> Says who? Certainly not any implementations.

IH> As Tantek reminded me recently, CSS2.1 is supposed to document current
IH> practice as much as clarify CSS2 and include its errata.

The emphasis being on "supposed to". If it was documenting
interoperable current practice in HTML UAs then it would have included
the X11 colors, and if it was documenting current practice over all
CSS-enabled UAs, not just HTML ones, then it would not have removed
WebFonts.