Re: CSS3 Lists Modules and Syriac

On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, Emil Soleyman-Zomalan wrote:

> Please forgive me if this question has been asked or if it is outside
> the scope of this list.

This is _exactly_ what this list is for, so your question is very welcome!

> Will you consider adding Syriac as a lists module to the CSS3 Working
> Draft?

I did consider it, but could find no documentation on how the Syriac
numbering system works. All I know is that it has the following assigned
non-sequential codepoints:

  1-9  : 0x0710,0x0712,0x0713,
         0x0715,0x0717,0x0718,
         0x0719,0x071A,0x071B
 10-90 : 0x071D,0x071F,0x0720,
         0x0721,0x0722,0x0723,
         0x0725,0x0726,0x0728
100-400: 0x0729-0x072C

If someone can give me a detailed, comprehensive numbering system
algorithm for it, I would be happy to add it to the lists module. What
range does it cover? How are numbers generated? What exceptions are
there? Is order important?

Of course it is quite possible that some numbering systems will be removed
from the list before it reaches CR or REC, so my including it in the next
draft is no guarentee that it will be included on the long term.