Re: non repeating table background . . .

From: by way of Bert Bos <djroche@ncsu.edu>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 19:21:17 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org

While working on a project, I discovered a solution to this problem,
 with the help of my good friend Stefan Larsson. What you can do is set
 the background for the table to whatever image you want and then set
 the background for each TD cell to an image of a transparent pixel.

You're better off using style sheets too, i.e. by making a new class
 like:

.tableBackground {  background-image: url("mytablebackground.gif");
                     background-repeat: no-repeat }

Then just use that class in the table:

And do the same for each individual cell with a transparent background.

HTH,

Donogh.