Case of keywords in examples

From: Etan Wexler <ewexler@stickdog.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 02:27:37 -0500
To: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>, www-style@w3.org
Cc: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>, Tantek Çelik <tantekc@microsoft.com>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>

Chris Lilley wrote to <www-style@w3.org> on 14 November 2002 in 'Re:
WD-CSS21-20020802 section 15, "Fonts", editorial suggestions'
(<mid:11640242140.20021114132247@w3.org>):

> The items in quotes are keywords, and it is more
> important to use these consistently than it is
> to start every sentence with a capital letter.

I disagree that enforcing lower case is important.  In fact, I think that
less consistency would be beneficial in its own way.  Using a variety of
casings and spacings would reinforce by example that CSS is liberal about
case and whitespace.

--
Etan Wexler <mailto:ewexler@stickdog.com>