Re: css3-lists: Coptic and Ionic Greek

From: Stefanos Karasavvidis <stefos@ced.tuc.gr>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 11:31:36 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org

 > An alphabetic system just uses the letters of a certain alphabet in
 > order - it is not (necessarily) a system used for the representation
 > of numbers in any other context. It's analogous to the difference
 > between lower-roman and lower-latin.

wouldn't it be strange to have any system (alphabetic, numbering) using
greek letters that no greek man would use (instead of greek you can put
any other language)?? This does not make sense.

In the case of greek letters used for listing things (either ordered or
just simple lists) I have NEVER seen simple alphabetic order lists. Of
course in greek text, and I think that the name of such a system should
not be called greek. If it is important to include such a simple order
system, than there should be a second 'greek style' which will be
implemented as used in greek text.

Stefanos Karasavvidis
Electronics & Computer Engineer
e-mail : stefos@ced.tuc.gr

Technical University of Crete
Department of Electronics & Computer Engineering
Laboratory of Distributed Multimedia Information Systems
	and Applications (MUSIC)

http://www.music.tuc.gr

University Campus
73100 Chania - Crete - Hellas