Re: X11 Colors (was Last call comments on CSS3 module: color)

From: Andy <lordpixel@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 22:54:49 -0400
To: Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>, www-style <www-style@w3.org>

Tantek Çelik wrote:

> > Drop the X11 colours,
>
> Would deprecating the X11 colors instead be acceptable?

Sure. Its not like they're really going away anytime soon, regardless of
what the spec says.
And I can see the point of having a convenient list in the spec, so long
as its not a recommendation.

I don't know exactly how you'd arrange it, but I'd even say "deprecate
and explictly state they're optional on resource constrained devices".

However, I admit I don't know what the CSS practise is for small
devices... are they supposed to just pick and choose modules to support,
or is it acceptable for a module to define features small devices don't
need to support?

--
AndyT (lordpixel - the cat who walks through walls)
A little bigger on the inside

I think we finally found the killer app for Flash: animated stick men