Re: X11 Colors (was Last call comments on CSS3 module: color)

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 22:30:39 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org, www-style-request@w3.org, "Ineke van der Maat" <inekemaa@xs4all.nl>

On Thursday, May 23, 2002, 12:52:43 PM, Ineke wrote:

>>Well, the need for named colours is clear. The first Mosaic was on X right?<

IvdM> That was the past but...

IvdM> I am sure that in future most sites will be Chinese.  I propose therefore to
IvdM> replace the english names by chinese colournames.. for making the discussion
IvdM> with them easier.. or only using the rgb values (e .g. #ffffff;) so we all know
IvdM> about what we talk?

Hey, great. Plus the names are only three or four characters long, as
Chinese has such a rich character repertoire.