Re: Hanging indent

From: JB Piggin <jbpiggin@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 07:13:54 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-style@w3.org

My vote is with Joe on the hanging indents. Yes, they
can be done with CSS1, but the method is
counter-intuitive. It takes me most of a page to
describe the method in the macro-typography guide at
http://www.piggin.net/poetry3.htm
and frankly, it's an unnecessary hold-up when we are
trying to teach the world to love CSS.

Even if there is an element of redundancy, I think the
hanging indent should be written into the spec. It's
analogous to a shorthand: a quick route to achieve
what the spec assuredly does in a more roundabout way.

Jean-Baptiste Piggin