Re: Idenitfier equivalence in CSS

From: Etan Wexler <ewexler@stickdog.com>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 18:28:17 -0700
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, David Baron <dbaron@fas.harvard.edu>, www-style@w3.org
Ian Hickson gave a table outlining his thoughts on identifier equivalence, with which I
agree.

If Working Group accepts the equivalences that Ian specified, there are a few tasks that
need attention.

The exact case equivalences need listing.  Since the Unicode Standard has already
listed them, a normative reference to the latest UnicodeData file will suffice.  This
assumes that CSS will not permit special case equivalents.

Then we need to note in all syntax definitions that the identifiers (and names, as in
HASH tokens) allow escape sequences that correspond to the given characters or to the
case equivalents of the given characters.

--
Etan Wexler <mailto:ewexler@stickdog.com>