Re: CSS and Page Layouts

5/14/02 10:06:59 AM, Svgdeveloper@aol.com wrote:

> This list is listed under the "Discussion and WG Mailing
> Lists" rather than the "Mailing lists for comments and
> error reports on specifications" on
> http://www.w3.org/Mail/Lists.html.

It's impossible to subscribe to the "Mailing lists for
comments and error reports on specifications." They exist
purely for feedback, not for discussion.

W3> www-style
W3> This mailing list is for technical discussion on Web
W3> Style Sheets. This is a focused discussion area: all
W3> posts to this list must be about style sheets.

That is, www-style is for discussion of style sheets
themselves, not for general Q&A. css-discuss[1] and ciwas[2]
are more flexible in their policies.

> It seems to me that legitimate discussion on this list, as
> it is currently described on the W3C Web site, may go
> beyond the W3C documents themselves.

Indeed.