Re: Optional content in paged media

From: Etan Wexler <ewexler@stickdog.com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 20:36:17 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org
Michael Day wrote:

> The requirements for the CSS3 Paged Media module do not seem to cover the
> situation when you might want certain content to appear at the end of a
> page when there is space for it, or be omitted entirely if there is not.
>
> [...]
>
> How could such a thing be specified using CSS?

I like your concept.  Specifying matters as a CSS author should be
simple enough.  Something like "appear: space-permitting" or "display:
block space-permitting" conveys the intent.  Writing the detailed
specification of when space permits and when it does not is going to be
the difficult undertaking.

--
Etan Wexler <ewexler@stickdog.com>