Re: Vertical analogue to table-header-group

From: Peter Sheerin <pete@petesguide.com>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 20:20:05 -0700
To: "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: "Www-Style" <www-style@w3.org>
I'd like a table to behave just as an Excell spreadsheet does when you lock headers on the left and right, so that large tables can still be understood.

Look at http://www.petesguide.com/WebStandards/tests/tables/HeadersFootersScrolling.html
and you'll find a train schedule. I've been able to get a vertical scrollbar to appear in NN6, so that all of the rows in the body of the table can be scrolled up/down against the first several header rows, so that the table fits on one screen, height-wise.

How do I make the width of the table fit on one screen, and then scroll as necessary?