Re: W3C 'CSS3 module: Color' Working Draft dated 19th February 2002

Daniel Steinberger wrote:

 > I also wonder, why there is an 'inherit' value for this property.

All properties have an inherit value. (And an initial value.) It's part of the
syntax.

 > So now my proposal:
 >
 > Instead of having one property to mask the whole element (and if the element
 > is a block-level element containing others, all those sub-elements), I
 > suggest introducing properties for each nessesary type of elements:
 >
 > Name:        opacity-background

You can do that already using the rgba() syntax.

For example:

    background: rgba(128, 64, 64, 0.2);
    color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 1);
    border: solid thick rgba(255, 128, 128, 1);

HTH,
--
Ian Hickson
``The inability of a user agent to implement part of this specification due to