Re: Absolutely positioned div in table cell

From: Andrew Clover <and@doxdesk.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 17:31:22 +0000
To: www-style@w3.org
Jonathan Watt <0jaw@qlink.queensu.ca> wrote:

> If the div is moved around in the table cell, should the
> table cell expand or contract depending on where the div is? In IE it
> doesn't, but in Netscape it does.

If you mean Netscape 6 / Mozilla, can you give an example? An absolutely-
positioned <div> should be taken out of the normal flow, and hence should
have no effect whatsoever on the size of a parent containing it.

(If you mean Netscape 4, nothing would surprise me, though. :-) )

--
Andrew Clover
mailto:and@doxdesk.com