RE: external/internal hyperlinks

One could always apply a class to the link.  For example:

.internallink a:link, .internallink a:visited, .internallink a:active
{
   color: red;
}

.remotelink a:link, .remotelink a:visited, .remotelink a:active
{
   color: green;
}

class="remotelink">Remote Page</a>

But you would have to manually define the class.  It would be too much
work to try an parse the link to determine if it was local or not.
-Pete