Re: Text-decoration and sub/sup elements

REFSTRUP,JACOB (HP-Vancouver,ex1) wrote:
> I have been investigating the use of underline with <sup> and <sub>
> elements. In particular I have been trying to find out at what position the
> underline (overline or line-through) are drawn for elements offset from the
> baseline of the element that set the text-decoration.

Opera's behaviour is the closest to the intended behaviour. For Mozilla or
Netscape, see bugzilla.mozilla.org, bug 1777. MacIE is relatively close to the
intended behaviour too, I believe. For a clarified spec, see:

    http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-text/#text-decoration

Although I agree that that still isn't the clearest description around. There
are some more descriptive comments in bug 1777.

HTH,