Re: CSS3 module: lists question

From: Christian Roth <roth@visualclick.de>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 17:34:44 +0200

Dear Ian,

thank you for the comments. I guess it means that

>    list > list-item::marker { ... }

can be used directly in the style attribute, but only has a scope of the
element and its descendants of the element on which it is specified.
Maybe the examples section in

<http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-css-style-attr-20020515#examples>

could be amended by an example like you gave above for even easier
understanding that also more complex selectors are allowed. One probably
could guess that already from the @import example, though.

>Don't use style attributes.

Can I interpret this as that the recommended practice is to use the ID
attribute of an element instead to extract all styles and place it into
an associated stylesheet? I am talking only about styles that would occur
once in the document and can not be 'class'ified semantically.

Regards, Christian.