Re: X11 Colors (was Last call comments on CSS3 module: color)

From: Andrew Clover <and@doxdesk.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 08:11:57 +0000
To: www-style@w3.org

Tantek Celik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu> wrote:

> There has been a proposal (with two additional supporters) to also allow
> 'orange'.  Please let me know if you object to that.

It does raise the question of where, arbitrarily, to draw the line -
'brown', 'purple' and perhaps 'pink' are other vaguely sensible colours
that come to mind - but I have no objection to 'orange' other than that;
it would probably see more use than, say, 'teal'.

> Many seem to share these opinions as well. Please let me know if you object
> to officially deprecating the remaining X11 named colors.

Seems like a sensible approach to me.

cheers,

--
Andrew Clover