Re: X11 Colors (was Last call comments on CSS3 module: color)

From: Andy <lordpixel@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 00:53:44 -0400
To: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
CC: www-style@w3.org

Chris Lilley wrote:

> It remains to be shown, though, that any color naming syntax has any
> benefit over entity references which can be used to assign any desired
> color to any desired keyword, under user control, in any language,
> with 100% interoperability and no changes to the specification.

You mean SGML/XML entity references?

ie, something like:

&AndysFunkyBlue;

along with an appropriate definition?

I didn't think those would work in .css files. I'd be happy to hear that
I'm wrong!

Can you provide a working example?

--
AndyT (lordpixel - the cat who walks through walls)
A little bigger on the inside

I think we finally found the killer app for Flash: animated stick men