Re[3]: List Module Offering

From: Daniel Yacob <locales@geez.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 07:14:48 -0400
To: w3@hotbox.ru
Cc: www-style@w3.org

Alexander,

Thanks for the complete and thoughtful reply.

> For example, "lower-latin" and "upper-latin" are strictly mapped to
> the corresponding writing system while traditional Russian numbering
> is not that strict in this respect. One might omit the letter 'yo'
> (7th letter of the alphabet), the letter "i kratkoye' (11th letter),
> and some others. In fact it is a commonplace to number lists without
> these letters, *but* it is strictly speaking illegal.

Out of curiosity, does omitting these two letters reduce the Russian
alphabet to a "classical" or "traditional" form?  I've encountered
list usage of an alphabet where the more recently added letters were
not used.  I thought this might be the case here.

thanks,

/Daniel