Re: CSS - navigation menu

From: David Dorward <david@us-lot.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 10:27:40 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
On Mon, 29 Jul 2002 09:26:16 +0200
paulinew@aspenpharma.com wrote:

> Is it possible to have a navigation menu in your css document ?
> (i.e. only need to change the nav menu once when editing, to affect
> all files) ?

No, CSS only deals with presentation, not content. You might like to
take a look at:

http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Include_one_file_in_another

I'd use a server side scripting language if I planned any dynamic
content, otherwise I'd probably use SSI. If that was unavailable I'd go
with the preprocessor. (I wouldn't consider frames (including iframes)
an option).

--
David Dorward                                   http://david.us-lot.org/
HTML email is a bit like using coloured paper and glitter ink on a CV.