Re: a:hover and a:active and named anchors

Jerry Baker wrote:

> So instead of saying something like named anchors can't have :hover and
> :active states, why not something like invisible and non-structural
> elements cannot have :hover and :active states?

What's wrong with using the link pseudo-class when you have to use a's
as names as well? a:link a:link:hover ... I also don't see the point of
changing this for css3 when css2 hasn't properly been implemented yet
and yet the vast majority of people have already moved to html 4 / xhtml
1. By the time this was implemented there'd likely be even less reason
for it.

Besides, invisibles couldn't have these states (how can something be
hovered when it's not even displayed?) and how is the browser meant to
know whether an arbitrary xml tag is structural or non-structural?

--
Lach
http://members.evolt.org/luminosity/