Re: a:hover and a:active and named anchors

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 16:46:22 -0400
To: Jerry Baker <jerrybaker@attbi.com>
cc: www-style@w3.org

> There are two potential solutions that are both logical and reasonable:
>
> 1) Specifically exclude named anchors from :hover and :active states.
>
> 2) Require that an element be able to accept input from a pointing
> device before allowing it to have :hover and :active states.

Given the document-language-independence of CSS, solution #2 would be
the only acceptable one of those two, and only if it takes into account
scriptable mouse event handlers attached to the content node in
question....

Boris
--
    "What the hell are you getting so upset about?  I
thought you didn't believe in God."

                     --Joseph Heller, "Catch-22"