Re: scale: font-size to % of client window?

From: Rijk van Geijtenbeek <rijk@iname.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 11:55:34 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org

Hello jonathan,

On Friday, July 12, 2002 you wrote:

> I think there may be a significant difference of meaning here, or perhaps
> your comment did not relate so directly as I imagined to the subject, Re:
> scale: font-size to % of client window?

Indeed. Please read my original post clearly; it said "The other thing
I miss", and then I explained somethign else I was missing, apart from
font-sizes related to the screen width.

> Rijk wrote
> No. What has the width of the parent element to do with the number of
> characters?

> my conception was that the font-size for 'jack' would change so that it
> always filled 15% of the width of the screen.

That is currently not the case if you set 'width: 15%;' to an element,
and no-one wants to change the current definition of 'width'!

> so would a different 4 letters say 'meme' necessarily be in another
> font-size? my guess is not, for a given font.

> Are you concerned that the font-size be related to the client window size?

That is the thing that is currently not possible.

Greetings,
 Rijk                            mailto:rijk@iname.com

Mot du Jour:
Tis better to be hunter than hunted.