Re: scale: font-size to % of client window?

Hello jonathan,

On Friday, July 12, 2002 you wrote:

> *Rijk wrote: The other thing I miss is being able to restrict the
> width of an element to a certain number of characters

> sorry, my shorthand, often stretches a point..
> would this meet your conception*?
> maybe

> #a  {width: 15%}

No. What has the width of the parent element to do with the number of
characters?

I'd like to be able to translate

  <pre width="80">

  pre { max-width: 80char;}

This is for example useful when you want to style received plain text
e-mails or newsgroup messages on a webpage.

Greetings,
 Rijk                            mailto:rijk@iname.com

Mot du Jour:
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

PS: I do follow this list, so there's no need to send duplicate mails.
They end up in the same mail folder anyway.