Re: scale: font-size to % of client window?

Hello Christoph,

On Thursday, July 11, 2002 you wrote:

> Rijk van Geijtenbeek <rijk@iname.com>:
>>
>> The other thing I miss is being able to restrict the width of an
>> element to a certain number of characters (only useful with fixed
>> width fonts).

> Doesn't 1em default to the width of one character when using fixed
> width fonts?

No, it defaults to the height, of any font. Monospaced fonts do not
necessariliy have the same height as width, and the relation between
the two will be different depending on the font used.

Greetings,
 Rijk                            mailto:rijk@iname.com

Mot du Jour:
It's not the bullet that kills you, it's the hole.