Re: conformance (was layout solutions blah blah blah)

From: Christian Wolfgang Hujer <Christian.Hujer@itcqis.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 16:46:34 +0100
To: "Hoyt, Phil" <phil.hoyt@bgminteractive.com>, "'Jesse McCarthy'" <mccarthy36@earthlink.net>, www-style@w3.org
Am Montag, 28. Januar 2002 16:23 schrieb Hoyt, Phil:
> In defence of the Browser makers: Jesse, reporting bugs admirable and
> useful, but I think you would do well to keep your broad judgements on the
> quality of software and software companies off this list. It is
> counterproductive in that it doesn't point out any fact that was not
> already known and only serves to offend and anger people without whom you
> might not have a browser at all. Microsoft deserves credit for providing a
> browser that (still) provides among the best css support out there.

I would agree with you, if Microsoft would not offend us,
a) the users, that try to visit MS pages with non-MS browsers, ("your browser
is not standards compliant" - but MS, so is yours?)
b) the vendors of other browsers, (by the same thing stated above)

But since MS behave contrary, Jesse's got me full on his/her side.

Greetings

Christian