Re: conformance (was layout solutions blah blah blah)

Tantek Celik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu> wrote on 1/25/02 11:13:59 AM:

>From: Jesse McCarthy <mccarthy36@earthlink.net>
>Subject: Re: conformance (was layout solutions blah blah blah)
>Date: Fri, Jan 25, 2002, 5:56 AM
>
>> "Tantek Celik" <tantek@cs.stanford.edu> wrote on 1/24/02 11:16:29 PM:
>>

>>>IE5/Mac was
>>>released almost two years ago with fully conformant HTML4 and CSS1[1]
>>> ..
>>>So, I'd say that leaves the burden of proof in the naysayers' court.
>>
>> I guess your definition of full CSS 1 conformance somehow allows for a
>> broken @import implementation?
>
>Such remarks carry no substance without _at_a_minimum_ a URL to a valid
>example that _clearly_ demonstrates the statement.
>
>The same problem exists with simply hurling a statement like "such and such
>is not compliant".
>
>This is not comp.sys.browser.putdown. This is www-style.
>
>Please raise your standards.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Tantek

If that's how you feel about it, perhaps you should refer to my message of
December 19 which I sent to this list and to you personally -- which,
interestingly enough, you made no response to -- that contains a URL to a
valid example that, thanks to the log entry included in the message,
_clearly_ demonstrates the statement:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2001Dec/0025.html

This also is not comp.sys.browser.my_companys.advertise, but since you have
no reservations about using it as such, the least you could do is tell the
truth.  Don't preach to me about raising my standards.

Jesse