Re: How to specify the font for tooltips in IE?

From: Chris Croome <chris@webarchitects.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 18:49:22 +0000
To: www-style@w3.org
Hi

On Sat 19-Jan-2002 at 11:52:14 -0000, Phil Shaw wrote:
> On 18 Jan 2002, at 16:46, Chris Croome wrote:
>
> > I'm working on some Punjabi web pages and I have them working using
> > the Arial unicode font specified in the CSS and everything works OK
> > apart from the tooptips -- they are not using the unicode font so
> > just display blocks for each letter.
> >
> > Is there an IE CSS extension for setting the tooltip font?
>
> I'm not aware of any IE specific selector for title attributes.

Ah well, perhaps there is another way to fix it?

I've done an example file, attached and at:

  http://chris.croome.net/pa.htm

You need a windows machine for this and the Arial UNICODE font (13Mb):

  http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/aruniupd.aspx

The H1 displays OK but the title tooltip is not in the correct font --
anyone have any ideas?

Chris

--
Chris Croome                               <chris@webarchitects.co.uk>