Re: RFC: ability to assign images to corners

From: Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples@mtu-net.ru>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 19:45:47 +0300
To: Dylan Schiemann <dylans@yahoo.com>, www-style@w3.org
On Friday 22 February 2002 00:22, Dylan Schiemann wrote:
|   --- Bert Bos <bert@w3.org> wrote:
[...]
|   > Note that we already prepared somewhat for these
|   > borders, by adding a
|   > property to the Background module to keep the
|   > background away from the
|   > border: 'background-clip'
|
|   I read this and the first thing that enters into my
|   mind is the question: is this css or should this be in
|   osme other spec like svg?  If the border was an svg
|   object, it seems that might simplify the css syntax
|   somewhat.

Ahh, I wrote my mail and found this mail later.
I second back Dylan's proposal to make more close connection to SVG from CSS.
SVG has implementation for many options we can't even think for now.
Using SVG will simplify a lot of thing.
But: PNG's should not be forgotten, too!

|   I'm sure the WG has thoughts on this, and would like
|   to include as much into css as possible without making
|   it too complex.  I'm having trouble deciding where the
|   crossover is between style and data
me too.

--

Vadim Plessky