New draft: Lists

From: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 11:02:41 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
Another new draft has been published: "CSS3 module: lists"[1].

(We planned for it to be published at the same date as the three I
announced the day before yesterday, but we momentarily lost an
image...)

The module is new, it hasn't been published before, although it builds
on the list properties of CSS2, of course.

The main new things compared to CSS2 are additional styles for
non-western numbering systems (without documentation, for the moment)
and a proposal for a new pseudo-element, ':marker', to address the
bullet or other label of a list.

The ':marker' would replace the use of ':before' with the special
'display: marker' declaration, which appears to be hard to implement
and hard to use. And ':marker' comes with a predefined and
automatically incremented counter 'list-item' to replace the implicit
and nameless counter of CSS2.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-css3-lists-20020220

Bert
  http://www.w3.org/people/bos/                              W3C/INRIA