Re: css layout should be symmetrical

Hi Vadim,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vadim Plessky" <lucy-ples@mtu-net.ru>

> I guess a lot of current problems with CSS caused by the fact that people
who
> were designing CSS had no Desktop Publishing (and traditional Publishing)
> expereince.
> I am subscribed to this list more than an year: and still surprised that
> there are no postings from Adobe, Quark, Macromedia, Xerox, Canon, etc.
guys.
> (not to mention producers of traditional offset presses, or new
*all-digital*
> machines)
> It seems those companies tend to ignore current CSS developement.
> How to explain this?
> a) they think CSS is not important
> b) they do not know what CSS is (at least, their Top Management)
> c) they prefer to enforce own (closed) standards
> d) they have some accounting problems, which are for sure more important
than
> CSS :-)
> e) it's not allowed to employees of those companies to post any comments
on
> servers outside the company Intranet
>
> Have I forgot something?..

I used to work for Macromedia in the Learning Division (when Authorware was
still a force for CDROM...). My girlfriend was a software engineer for
Dreamweaver :) They can and do post outside the intranet with no
restrictions. It is suprising that they are not on the list (it is usually
QA guys). They do feel CSS is important, but they have to put something on
the page that will work. Do you think they would have customers if they
disregarded what can actually be done?

best,
-Rob