Re: display:none in aural media

19.02.02 09:09:20, "Yuu Morita" <VET06031@nifty.com> wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>
>There is an element with which display:none was applied.
>In this case, does a screen reader reproduce this element?
>
>For example,
>
>This P element is not displayed on visual UA. Well then,
>how is it treated on aural UA?
>I hope it is not reproduced on aural UA too, because CSS2
>spec. said in 19.3, "To be sure to suppress rendering of
>an element and its descendants, use the 'display' property."
>
>* http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/aural.html#speaking-props

This is my reading too. In an aural style sheet there are only two values of
interest, none and anything else.

If you conversely *do* want to speak something that is not displayed
visually, you could use a @media rule:

  some-selector {display:none}
  @media aural {some-selector {display: inherit} }

As for the other CSS properties I consider visibility: hidden and
volume: silent to be similar in a visual respectively aural context.

Jonny Axelsson
Documentation,
Opera software