absolute positionned child in relative floated parent

From: Nico <darkwolf@ifrance.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 20:23:38 -0500 (EST)
To: <www-style@w3.org>
I can't figure if that is wrong or correct reading the docs :

Exemple I have :
<DIV1 pos:relative>
 <DIV2 pos:relativ float:right>
   <DIV3 pos:absolute 50,50>A

In IE, DIV3 is positionned from the top left of the DIV2 even with
float:right

In Mozilla DIV3 is positionned from DIV1 topleft when DIV2 is floatted right

But I read a floatted element is a block. And absolute pos element can be
positonned from block elements.

I want to be sure this is a Moz bug. I am French and not sure to understand
all the spec..

Someone knows ? Thxs.

Please CC: me at nico.combelle

picture