Re: baseline of inline element

I think, I wanted to find out the distance from the top of a inline box
(or block box) to its baseline.

>From CSS2 spec section 12.6.1 (markers)

"For the :before pseudo-element, the baseline of text in the marker
box will be vertically aligned with the baseline of text in the first
line of content in the principal box."

In order vertically align the marker and principal box along
its baseline, I am trying to find the distance from the top of
the box to its baseline.

Thanks,

--srini