Re: XBL is (mostly) W3C redundant, and CSS is wrong W3C layer for semantic behavior *markup*

At 07:00 PM 12/27/2002 -0500, L. David Baron wrote:
>On Friday 2002-12-27 17:22 -0600, Shelby Moore wrote:
>> Afaik, XSLT transformations happen before XHTML DOM.  The layout is only
>
>If that's the case, then your point about XBL being redundant is
>incorrect.  XBL provides transformation that occurs in a layer after the
>construction of the DOM.

I said "mostly" redundant.  And the challenge is to find out if there are
any compelling applications that require merging the markup abstraction
with other layers and whether loosing orthogonality is worth it.

For me, I'd much rather having my work be transportable.  What is the
benefit of having it not be transportable?

-Shelby Moore