Re: XBL is (mostly) W3C redundant, and CSS is wrong W3C layer for semantic behavior *markup*

At 07:26 PM 12/27/2002 -0500, L. David Baron wrote:
>  There are many ways something such as an XForms select
>element [1] might be presented, as shown in the figure [1].  These
>presentations can be obtained by a transformation to other markup.
>However, doing that transformation before sending the document over the
>network would destroy the ability for the user to change which
>presentation is used.

Let me also add to my previous response below, that XForm elements could be
part of the transformed content tree, so in that case no semantics relative
to XForms are lost with server-side XSLT.

Yes of course, those users would want a UA which understands XSLT (or XBL).
 I'd say there is much better chance that UAs will support XSLT than XBL.
One is a W3C standard with many general uses (one is XML style).  The other
is not.

-Shelby Moore