Re: css3-lists: Coptic and Ionic Greek

From: Christos Cheretakis <xalkina@otenet.gr>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 21:47:12 +0200
CC: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>

Christos Cheretakis wrote:

>   They use decimal!!! I'm not sure whether there's a tradition to use
> greek numbering in front- or back-matters, or appendices. I'll have to
> ask somebody who knows better and come back with an answer...

   Checked, and here I am, again ;-)

   Scientific publications do use such a distinct numbering style in
their front matters, but I've got to none where the number of pages
exceeds about 30.

>   As I said, when you need long sequences of numbers, you simply use
> decimal. Maybe the Bible or similar religious publications would use
> greek-style, but they'd certainly use the ancient. Will check and follow
> up.

   In the Bible, books & chapters are numberd using the alphabetic form,
but lines are numbered decimal.

	C/

--
   Λες κι η στάθμη της αγάπης πάει να βρει                          /"\
   Πόσοι κρύβονται στη λάσπη θησαυροί         ASCII Ribbon Campaign \ /